Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another "Volga Deutsch" dish my husband enjoys with just home made bread. Nothing else, just Kahucktus and bread. Also, very good warmed over the next day. Recipe came from a dear friend of mine Alma K. She always makes this when we have a family get together on Thanksgiving at her daughters house. Good all year round!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 8 large potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes and remove outer skin from onions. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl mix well together the ground.
- beef and pork and set aside. (hands work.
- Add salt and pepper to meat. Some add more.
- according to their taste.
- Shred fine the potatoes and onion, mix in well with beef and pork.
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- put mixture in a 9 X 11 pan and place in oven for 45 minutes. Then turn Kahucktus over in the pan and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Spatulas work well for flipping.