Recipe by Ilse Weitz
Another "Volga Deutsch" dish my husband enjoys with just home made bread. Nothing else, just Kahucktus and bread. Also, very good warmed over the next day. Recipe came from a dear friend of mine Alma K. She always makes this when we have a family get together on Thanksgiving at her daughters house. Good all year round!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 8 large potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and remove outer skin from onions. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl mix well together the ground.
- beef and pork and set aside. (hands work.
- Add salt and pepper to meat. Some add more.
- according to their taste.
- Shred fine the potatoes and onion, mix in well with beef and pork.
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- put mixture in a 9 X 11 pan and place in oven for 45 minutes. Then turn Kahucktus over in the pan and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Spatulas work well for flipping.