Recipe by David GM
Chilled and creamy summer Soup; low in saturated fat even when using a full-fat yogurt (though a low-fat version will bring the saturated fat content right down to 2.3g per portion!)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 pints plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the cucumber, sprinkle with salt and place in a colander to drain for about 1/2 hours.
- Rub the inside of a large serving bowl with the exposed sides of the cut garlic. Rinse the bowl with vinegar then tip the vinegar out.
- Drain (and rinse - optional) the cucumber then stir into the yoghurt. Turn the yoghurt and cucumber mix into a container, cover and keep in the fridge for 1/2 hr before serving to allow the flavours to mingle.
- To serve: pour the cold soup into individual soup bowls and garnish with a drizzle of oil (this can be stirred into the soup after serving)and a mint leaf.