Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
I'm posting this in response to a request. It got this out of a cookbook of all kahlua recipes back in the 70s or 80s. Any coffee flavored liqour should work if you don't have kahlua.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄8 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add onions and saute until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Use on chicken or ribs- be sure to wait till the meat is almost done to baste with sauce so that the sugar in it doesn't burn.
Thanks for this, I have been looking for it for a long time. I too had that recipe book years ago and had lost it. I love this BBQ Sauce. Thanks!
A little too sweet, not enough zest. Very easy to make. Good on chicken or ribs, or mix into baked beans for extra flavor. ***UPDATE*** I added a chopped chipotle pepper and some adobo sauce which added the zest I was looking for.