Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best yams ever. Old recipe from my best freind These are the big orange yams.
Make and share this Kahlua Yams recipe from Food.com.
- Boil and peel yams, DO NOT OVER COOK, cut length wise.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a skillet, add Kahlua and cook one minute.
- Add cooked yams,turning to brown on all sides.
- Cover and lower heat for 15 min or more. Watch as they will burn.
- They will be thick and so tasty.
Oh my goodness, this was delicious. I should point out that I guess I cheated a little and used canned yams (only because I could not find any fresh yams in my local grocery stores). But other than that, I followed the recipe as written. And these were delicious yams. It was a little heavy a dish for a mild spring day, definitely more for late fall or winter. But scrumptious nonetheless, and something I will consider for our Thanksgiving table this coming November. Thanks for sharing your recipe, CanadaCook. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.