Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best yams ever. Old recipe from my best freind These are the big orange yams.
- Boil and peel yams, DO NOT OVER COOK, cut length wise.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a skillet, add Kahlua and cook one minute.
- Add cooked yams,turning to brown on all sides.
- Cover and lower heat for 15 min or more. Watch as they will burn.
- They will be thick and so tasty.
Oh my goodness, this was delicious. I should point out that I guess I cheated a little and used canned yams (only because I could not find any fresh yams in my local grocery stores). But other than that, I followed the recipe as written. And these were delicious yams. It was a little heavy a dish for a mild spring day, definitely more for late fall or winter. But scrumptious nonetheless, and something I will consider for our Thanksgiving table this coming November. Thanks for sharing your recipe, CanadaCook. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.