Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is courtesy of my boyfriend searching the internet for new desserts. The desserts he always wants me to fix for him. What he doesn't know is that I substituted Splenda for sugar & also used fat free sour cream & fat free cream cheese. He couldn't tell the difference. He needs to lose a few pounds around the middle, so what he doesn't know won't hurt him. The ingredients below are for the Cheesecake, the Caramel Nut Crust & the Kahlua Cherry Sauce. I hope you enjoy this cheesecake, my boyfriend Marvin says it is a keeper. There are alot of steps in this recipe but the end result is definitely worth every step.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker, crushed
- 1 (19 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- For Cheesecake:.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in Kahlua and vodka.
- Pour onto crust.
- Set on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF., for 35-45 minutes, depending on whether you have an electric stove or a gas stove.
- My electric stove baked the cheesecake in 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes. Stir the sour cream, and then spread over cake top.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of sour cream
- Then pour cherry sauce onto top of cheesecake.
- For Caramel Nut Crust:.
- In skillet, over low heat, stir 3 tablespoons butter with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon Kahlua, then heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to 1/2 cup graham cracker crumb mix.
- While mixture is warm, press in even layer in bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
- For Kahlua Cherry Sauce:.
- Drain 1(19 ounce) can pitted DARK SWEET CHERRIES in syrup, reserving syrup.
- Mix cherries, 1 tablespoon Kahlua and 1 tablespoon Stoli vodka, (you can use any brand of Vodka.).
- In pan, mix 2 tablespoons each sugar and cornstarch with dash salt which is about 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Stir in cherry syrup and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Cook, and stir until boiling, thick and clear.
- Add cherry mixture to top of cheesecake.
- Cool and enjoy.