This is a nice dinner reception cake.
My Private Note
3 layer ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2 cups sifted cake flour or 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh dairy buttermilk
- 1/3 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 2 cups fresh dairy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or 1/2 cup icing sugar or 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons vodka
- 2Combine the Kahlua and vodka and white chocolate over simmering water and melt. Remove and cool.
- 3Sift the flour then measure and place into a bowl with , baking powder, baking soda, salt, in a large bowl and whisk until mixed.
- 4Cream the butter, shortening, and the sugar until nice and fluffy.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, combining well after each.
- 6Beat in the cooled white chocolate/Kahlua mixture, and combine.
- 7Add the flour and buttermilk alternating into three portions and combine after each. Just combine after the last addition.
- 8Pour cake batter into three greased and floured 8 inch cake pans.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until tester shows a few crumbs clinging to a toothpick or cake tester.
- 10Remove and place on wire racks for five minutes. Invert onto rack and cool completely.
- 11Preparing the Cream:.
- 12Place the whipping cream, Kahlua, and vodka and confectioner sugar and whip with whisking beaters until stiff.
- 13Setting up the cake:.
- 14Place one cake bottom up onto serving plate, and place 3 tablespoons warmed apricot jelly over and spread evenly, then cover with 1/3 of the whipping cream and spread that evenly over the apricot layer.
- 15Place second cake again bottom side up and again use the last of the warmed apricot jelly spread evenly and 1/3 of the whipping cream over that.
- 16Place the last cake bottom side up and cover the whole top and sides of cake with the remaining whipping cream, to cover and coat the cake entirely.
- 17Place covered in the the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- 18Decorate with chocolate curls if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua White Russian Cake 1968
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g