Recipe by Beaner in Washington
This a wonderful recipe, it came from a Kahlua cookbook, it is so good it is sinful! We had this cake in a resturant, and then I was looking in this cookbook and found it. So here it is to share with everyone. Enjoy!
- 5 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) prepared poundcake
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat Kahlua over medium heat until bubbles form around edge.
- In blender combine hot Kahlua and chocolate pieces.
- Process until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, egg yolks and butter and process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until spreading consistency.
- Holding long, serrated knife parallel to working surface, slice cake into seven layers.
- place first layer on serving plate or tray and spread with chocolate mixture to form frosting layer about 3/8- inch thick.
- Add second layer of cake and continue to frost until all cake layers are used.
- Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve, up to 24 hours ahead.