Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These were the first truffles I ever attempted. I had Kahlua in the house to make the Kahlua Gingerbread Men (recipe available here at Recipezaar). Smooth and chocolatey! From RecipeSource by Judy Garnett. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- ground nuts or cocoa or candy sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time until well blended.
- Mix in Kahlua and return to double boiler for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour into bowl and beat in butter one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until light and airy.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in nuts, cocoa or sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until used. Can be frozen.
This recipe is fantastic! I made it with some homemade kahlua and rolled them in Halloween sprinkles for a festive touch. I used a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop, then put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes before trying to roll them into more perfect circles. They fit almost perfectly into mini muffin baking cups. Overall, a very fun, easy recipe. Made about 30 truffles.