Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe years ago in Canadian Living. It takes teriyaki to a different level.
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a zip lock bag. Marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Prepare barbecue. Drain marinade into a small saucepan and bring to boil. Mix the cornstarch and water and add to the marinade and cook until thickened.
- Grill steak for about 5 minutes on each side for rare. Transfer steak to platter; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice across grain and pass marinade as sauce.