Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Trim spareribs, but don’t separate.
- Combine chicken stock through salt and marinate ribs in mixture overnight, turning occasionally to keep coated.
- Remove ribs from marinade and roast 10 min at 450°, remove and pour off fat.
- Reduce heat to 350°, return ribs to oven and roast 1 hour more, basting frequently with marinade.
Tasty ribs, but the kahula taste didn't come thru. Maybe it was because I didn't have time to marinate overnight. Also, I used cut ribs. Made for 123 HITS.
These were so easy to make! They were VERY tender, not even a bit dry. Extremely moist and juicy! But they just seemed to have a bit too much Kahlua in them for our taste. Tasted just a bit "funny". I'll probably try these again, but next time cutting the Kahlua in half for us. But thank you very much for a nice, unique rib recipe!! :)
These were pretty good. They were sweet and sticky. Must watch closely because they will tend to burn. Cover with foil at some point in the cooking process to avoid that.