1 hr 45 mins
"A traditional pumpkin pie...with a kick. I took my old faithful recipe, looked in my pantry and saw some kahlua and thought 'what the heck'...it got rave reviews. The kahlua intensives the maple flavor...adds some depth. It's not in your face kahlua flavor...but I'm sure you could add a little more if you wanted to! This is a brand new recipe...so I WELCOME any comments/suggestions
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I use unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp. cinnamon)
- 2/3 cup butter (or butter flavored shortening)
- 5 -7 tablespoons ice water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can libby's solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I only used 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (13 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua, i tasted at this point and thought it was good (or more ,)
- 1In a food processor combine your dry ingredients including spices. Pulse a few times to mix. (You don't have to add the spices, but I like to flavor my crusts to match what it's holding -- kinda kicks up the pie.) You can taste it at this point to decide if it needs more spices -- depends on personal preference.
- 2Add fat in cubes and pulse until you have coarse crumbs.
- 3Add your water 1 tbl. at a time. Pulse just until the dough is moist enough to hold together when pressed.
- 4Shape into a flattened ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minute or until you are ready for it.
- 5On a lightly floured surface and roll from center to edge into an 11 inches circle.
- 6Fold it in half and carefully place in the pie dish. Do not stretch or it will shrink in the oven. Trim (or do a fancy edge) Set aside and mix up filling.
- 7Preheat oven to 425
- 8Mix all ingredients together in the order listed.
- 9Divide between the 2 shells
- 10Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
- 11Lower heat to 350 and bake for an add'l 45 minutes or until the center is set and toothpick comes out clean
- 12Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua Pumpkin Pie (Libby Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g