Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can prepare as directed. Cover and chill up to 2 days. Then serve as directed.
Make and share this Kahlua Pot De Creme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- grated bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- fresh berries, for garnish
- Heat oven to 325 degree
- Bring milk and cinnamon to boil over medium heat in saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a 4-cup glass measure.
- Discard cinnamon.
- Arrange eight espresso or 4-ounce ovenproof cups in a roasting pan.
- Beat yolks and sugar in mixer bowl on medium speed, until mixture is pale yellow and thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Kahlua and beat until well combined.
- Gradually stir in milk with rubber spatula, until mixture is completely smooth.
- Strain milk mixture through a sieve into glass measure, discard any foam.
- Divide mixture into each cup (spoon off any remaining foam).
- Add enough hot water to roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of cups.
- Loosely cover pan with foil.
- Bake until the edge of the custards are set, 25 to 27 minutes (the centers will be jiggly).
- Remove cups from the water and cool on wire rack to room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle tops with grated chocolate and serve with berries, if desired.
This dessert is really delicious and so easy to make. Made as directed and they came out perfect. These custards would be a perfect romantic dessert for a special dinner such as an anniversary or holiday. Any berry would work for this dessert and I especially love the idea of the grated chocolate on top. Will definitely keep this recipe handy.