Recipe by Tomo TheCat
Caramel corn eat your heart out! I am never going back! An old recipe whose source I lost. Posting here because I can't eat it without accurate nutrition info. I would happily blow a meal's carbs on this! Cooking times are an estimate.
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
This worked exactly as stated, great directions! I used a bag of microwave popcorn since I didn't have a airpopper. There wasn't as much Kahlua flavor as I was hoping for but it was very good. Thanks for sharing.
- 1892.0 ml air popped popcorn
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml Kahlua
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml roasted almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep popcorn in shallow pan in oven to keep warm.
- Stir sugar, Kahlua, and vinegar in a pan on stove. Bring to a boil. Add butter. Bring to hard crack stage (300 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Pour over warm popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container. Allegedly will last several weeks. No one has shown enough self-restraint in my house to test this.