Recipe by Yia Yia
Decadent and delicious! Created for RSC #10. Cooking time depends on your ice cream machine. Mine took 25 minutes.
Top Review by Rita~
Creamy sweet nutty goodness! This is a five star recipe for taste! But the directions are a bit confusing. I did chill the pecan nut mixture and added it to the ice cream just before it was done churning. Not sure what to do with it?? I didn`t want to add it hot to the cream so chilled it first. Wasn`t sure if it was a topping or to be mixed in???? Thanks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to combine for a minute, until sugar begins to melt.
- Add raisins and pecans; stir.
- Add maple syrup and combine, making sure that the sugar is liquefied.
- Remove from heat and add Kahlua, stirring.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor or with an electric mixer, whisk the eggs until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and combine well.
- Add the cream, milk and vanilla and whisk together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Add mixture to ice cream freezer and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Add the pecan mixture at the appropriate time, according to "mix in" directions for your machine.