Recipe by Annisette
Had this at a retreat, and had to get the recipe. These are really good! I had to guess on the number of servings, since it really depends on how big the glasses are that you serve them in. Cooking time is approximate and includes time spent cooling in the refrigerator before finishing.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
This recipe filled three of my wine glasses. It looked good and tasted great, but the parfaits set up much firmer than expected. This thick texture combined with the chocolate crumbs reminded me somewhat of toasted coconut marshmallows.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 (10 ounce) package small marshmallows
- 24 chocolate wafers, crushed fine
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coffee, Kahlua and marshmallows in the top of a double boiler. Stir until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, stir in the sour cream.
- Layer in parfait or wine glasses: the chocolate crumbs and the cream mixture, ending with the crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until firm.