Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had this at a retreat, and had to get the recipe. These are really good! I had to guess on the number of servings, since it really depends on how big the glasses are that you serve them in. Cooking time is approximate and includes time spent cooling in the refrigerator before finishing.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 (10 ounce) package small marshmallows
- 24 chocolate wafers, crushed fine
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine coffee, Kahlua and marshmallows in the top of a double boiler. Stir until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, stir in the sour cream.
- Layer in parfait or wine glasses: the chocolate crumbs and the cream mixture, ending with the crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until firm.
This recipe filled three of my wine glasses. It looked good and tasted great, but the parfaits set up much firmer than expected. This thick texture combined with the chocolate crumbs reminded me somewhat of toasted coconut marshmallows.
We liked it! This is very rich so you can only eat a little, but hey, that's probably a good thing! :lol: Next time I will use smaller glasses to yield 6 small servings rather than 4 large. I had trouble stirring in the sour cream after the mixture had chilled, took a lot of elbow grease and never got totally incorporated. However, when the parfaits were served, you couldn't tell they weren't perfectly mixed. Thank you for posting Annisette, made for cookbook tag, see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
This was so yummy and rich!! Easy to make but don't skip step 1 like I did. I let it cool on the table. Then on step4 it will run through the crumbs since it did not cool. I will make again. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game 2007