Recipe by Deborah1
I found this recipe at Bed & Breakfast Online, a neat site that features B&B's from all over the U.S. and their favorite recipes. This recipe is from Highland Croft B&B in Guthrie, OK. It is an awesome recipe that fills the house with a wonderful aroma while baking and be warned, you won't be able to eat just one!
Top Review by sydsmama
These are really yummy! They took a little longer to cook and made alot more than said. I ended up with 28 regular muffins and 12 mini muffins. And you're right, darker pans are better. I used a light pan for 6 of the muffins and they stuck to the pan and fell apart (had to toss those ones).
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar and Kahlua.
- Let sit until needed.
- In a large bowl,and I do mean large, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil and sour cream, and mix on low speed until moistened.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well after each.
- Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed, the mixture will be very thick, don't panic.
- Slowly mix in the pecan mixture, until well mixed.
- Pour into very well greased muffin cups, see note below.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Pop out of pan and cool on rack, if you can wait that long to eat one.
- NOTE: Make sure you use well greased muffin tins, if you're using non-stick pans.
- I spray mine with Baker's Ease and am sure to run my finger all around the inside and rim.
- I find the darker the pan, the better the muffin.
- If they stick, you did not grease enough.
- Just run a spatuala around the edge to release.
- I noted these make 18 regular size muffins.
- These do not rise a lot so you can fill 2/3 way full without spill over.
- When I make, I make 12 regular muffins and 6 mini-bundt size, or I might make 48 mini muffins and 6 regular muffins.