Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a no bake cheesecake recipe from the book, The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook. Everyone at our house loves cheesecake! And this looks scrumptious. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- Let stand one minute.
- Stir over low heat until completely dissolved.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and lemon juice.
- Beat until mixture is very fluffy.
- Gradually beat in gelatin mixture, Kahlua, and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill 8 hours or over night.