Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One year for Christmas, I made all home-made food type gifts. My mom uses this recipe each year to share with co-workers and offered it to me. It is unique in that it has chocolate extract in it for a special flavor. Make sure to use the best ingredients you can get! If you are using it as gifts, you can purchase pretty bottles to put it in.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee
- 2 -3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate flavoring
- 750 ml 100 proof vodka
- In a large sauce pan combine sugar, water, and coffee.
- Simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add Vanilla extract, chocolate extract, and vodka.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
- Yield is approximate!