Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe on a Jewish website and thought it sounded pretty interesting. I like Kahlua! I will admit I have not tried it YET. Let me know what you think!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon butter, chilled and chopped
- whipped cream (optional)
- Cook noodles in 4 quarts boiling water until tender - about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar and rest of ingredients up to and including melted butter and blend well.
- Pour 1 cup of the mixture into a buttered 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with 1/4 of the noodles, arranged in a single layer. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours MINIMUM.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine topping ingredients, except butter. With fingers work butter in until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over kugel.
- Bake at 350°F until firm in the center - about 1 hour.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.