Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderfully tasty marinade... all your neighbors will be envious of the aromas coming from your grill!
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cooked crumbled bacon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs beef or 3 lbs lamb, cut into 1 inch strips or cubes
- bamboo skewer
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for dipping sauce.
- Cut the meat into strips or cubes and place in remaining marinade, stirring to cover meat well, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Place bamboo skewers in water for 5 minutes, then skewer the meat on them.
- Cook kabobs on charcoal grill, basting with marinade, until the meat is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes for cubes, or 5 to 10 minutes for strips.
- Serve with the extra reserved sauce either hot or cold for dipping; serves 4-6 people.
- You can place cut vegetables between pieces of meat for grilling, too.
While I have tried many recipes on this site, I can honestly say this is the first one that made me want to post a review! It was super dee duper yummy! I added in wedges of sweet yellow onion, and baby bellas, tossed in EVOO and S&P. I didn't have any Kahlua on hand, so I subbed 1 tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tbsp water. I think next time I will double the instant coffee, since Kahlua has such a strong coffee flavor. Also, I am a huge pork fan, so I think I will add more bacon. This was so yummy the DH and I went back for seconds!!!! Bravo Julesong! I look forward to trying many more of your recipes!
I'm not gonna lie, I havn't made this one yet. but i already know its getting a 5***** rating! I can't wait till the next party!!! great job Julesong! stop by my page and check out a few!