Recipe by justcallmetoni
With four types of chocolate, nuts and Kahlua liquor, these are and indulgence. The recipe was inspired by Chef V's Kahlua-Chocolate Chip Cookies and came about while trying to create a variation on that wonderful treat. Once done, I realized that it was a dish on it's own and one well worth saving.
Top Review by Baking Christi
These were fantastic! I love kahlua and chocolate. I did make some substitutions however. I don't like white chocolate so for chips I used semisweet and bittersweet chips. I also added 1.5 T instant espresso as I wanted the coffee flavour to shine. Thanks for another great cookie justcallmetoni!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, use medium speed on your mixer to whip shortening with the white and brown sugars for 3-5 minutes until it is light and fluffy and the grains of sugar are disolved.
- Add eggs one at a time, liqueur, vanilla and grated chocolate and mixed well.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture until of uniform consistency.
- Stir in white and milk chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop onto baking sheet in 1 tablespoon sized scoops 3 inches apart. Flatten the balls just a smidge.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until light brown.