- 5 ounces dark chocolate (140 grams, cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- sugar (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- grated chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the chocolate, milk and half and half cream over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk until the mixture is hot and frothy.
- Add in sugar if desired.
- Add in the Kahlua and vanilla; contine to whisk until the mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.