Recipe by flower7
This is the fudge sauce from my ice cream pie recipe (#7549). It is so rich and wonderful I decided it deserved being posted by itself. I could drink it, it's that good! Makes a great sauce for dipping bananas, brownies or for pouring over ice cream (of course!) Store any left-overs (ha!) in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ First of all, I doubled the recipe, 'cause I'm a fully-committed, card-carrying, EXTREMELY active member of Chocoholics Annonymous [which means we INDULGE rather than abstain]! That being said, I can tell you that this is one h--k of a fudge! Great for ice cream, pound cake, finger painting, body painting....you name it! One thing I did omit, though, was the coffee-flavored liqueur since I really don't like coffee [now orange flavored is another matter]!
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 14.79 ml coffee-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Over a double boiler* on low heat, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in coffee liqueur.
- Serve warm.
- *Can also be melted in the microwave on a low temperature, stirring occasionally and being sure not to burn the chocolate.