Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the fudge sauce from my ice cream pie recipe (#7549). It is so rich and wonderful I decided it deserved being posted by itself. I could drink it, it's that good! Makes a great sauce for dipping bananas, brownies or for pouring over ice cream (of course!) Store any left-overs (ha!) in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 14.79 ml coffee-flavored liqueur
- Over a double boiler* on low heat, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in coffee liqueur.
- Serve warm.
- *Can also be melted in the microwave on a low temperature, stirring occasionally and being sure not to burn the chocolate.
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ First of all, I doubled the recipe, 'cause I'm a fully-committed, card-carrying, EXTREMELY active member of Chocoholics Annonymous [which means we INDULGE rather than abstain]! That being said, I can tell you that this is one h--k of a fudge! Great for ice cream, pound cake, finger painting, body painting....you name it! One thing I did omit, though, was the coffee-flavored liqueur since I really don't like coffee [now orange flavored is another matter]!
This stuff is great and versatile! You can do a million and one things with it. You can use it for dipping strawberries, bananas, pound cake, cookies, and brownies. It would be good on ice cream pies, cakes, you name it, it's all good. Thank you so much for posting this awesome recipe!