Recipe by icetea
this recipe came from astray recipes and is sooo good and soooo rich. you'll love it.
Top Review by Donna Matthews
Very good flavor. The reason I gave it only 4 stars is because I had trouble getting the inside cooked. Perhaps it is because I only had an 8x8 glass pan, maybe it was my convection oven; but I had to keep putting it back in the oven. By the time I decided that it was cooked (but not overcooked) in the middle, the top and sides were a bit dry. On the plus side, by the time they were stored in the refrigerator for a day, they were moist and fudgey -- which is exactly what I wanted! I think that I might add 1 - 2 tablespoons of coffee crystals to the melted butter and chocolate next time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 ounces squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9" square pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Add flour mixture, chocolate mixture and 1/4 cup Kahlua. Blend well.
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan.
- Brush with remaining Kahlua.