Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect frosting to go on a chocolate cake
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- In small bowl dissolve instant coffeee in hot water.
- Beat butter at medium speed in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add gradually powdered sugar, kahlua and hot coffee mixture.
- You can add more kahlua if you want a stronger coffee flavor frosting.
- makes frosting for 1 9X13 cake.
I mixed the 3 Tbsp of coffee into one Tbsp of water and it was like mud! Should the amount be 3 TEASPOONS coffee in one Tablespoon water? That seems strong enough :)
Awesome frosting...I used it to frost brownies and then topped with coconut. Amazing combination of flavors.
I will have to try this one again... I made it as written and the coffee flavor was so strong it would have overpowered even the most chcolate-y chocolate cake. I ended up having to make a different frosting. If I was to make it again, I would try it with half of the coffee. I'm very sorry that it didn't work for me!