Recipe by Pam in the Kitchen
This recipe is from Kahlua. A fantastic, fudgy brownie with a little something extra. For an extra chocolatey experience add some mini chocolate chips and/or if you're feeling nutty, some chopped walnuts are in order. Extra boozy hint: Soak 1 cup of chopped walnuts in about 1/4 cup kahlua or whiskey or whatever for a few hours or overnight and stir in before spreading the batter in the pan.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F And butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan, knocking out excess flour.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Cool chocolate mixture to lukewarm.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, espresso powder, and KAHLÚA until mixture is thickened and pale. Beat in chocolate mixture. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and beat into batter just until blended well.
- Spread batter evenly in pan bake brownies in middle of oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it. Cool completely.