Recipe by Chef Dudo
Kahlua-mmmmmmmm, dates-great, nuts-yummy. When I saw this recipe I had to try it immediately. Slice thinly, enjoy with a cup of tea or maybe even with a small glass of Kahlua.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious bread and with it's hint of chocolate from the Kahlua, the background taste of citrus and the sweetness of the dates -- you can't go wrong. The bread is not overly sweet and we liked that -- it was a little crusty on top, but was nice and moist inside despite the absence of oil or more butter. Will definitely make again! Made for Sweet December tag, December, 2013.
- 236.59 ml pitted dates, chopped
- 118.29 ml Kahlua
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- 158.51 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml chopped nuts (any choice)
- 118.29 ml warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a large loaf pan (10x3x3inch).
- Mix dates, Kahlua, water and orange peel.
- Let stand and soak while preparing batter.
- Cream sugar, margarine and egg together until fluffy.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternately, with date mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.