Kahlua-mmmmmmmm, dates-great, nuts-yummy. When I saw this recipe I had to try it immediately. Slice thinly, enjoy with a cup of tea or maybe even with a small glass of Kahlua.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a large loaf pan (10x3x3inch).
- Mix dates, Kahlua, water and orange peel.
- Let stand and soak while preparing batter.
- Cream sugar, margarine and egg together until fluffy.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternately, with date mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.