Recipe by Renee Ferraz
Kahlua recipe booklet.
Top Review by Cdubs
Addictive. The Kahlua flavor was not very strong but it didn't matter, these were so good. I did not have a problem with the amount of time it took to come to the hard crack stage, in fact, I had to throw out the first pan of caramel because it went from 275 to 350 in a heartbeat. At 275 degrees, watch like a hawk and be ready to pour it over the nuts. I mixed the nuts and caramel in a large buttered bowl and then spread out on a silpat lined sheet pan. It worked very well.
- 3 cups shelled whole nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place nuts in shallow pan and toast in 300 degree oven for 20 mins.
- ,stirring once.
- Turn into a lightly buttered hot metal bowl or large saucepan.
- In 1 qt.
- saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer; bring to hard crack stage (300 F.).
- Pour over toasted nuts, stir with a buttered metal spoon to coat evenly.
- Spread in a single layer, on buttered jelly roll pan.
- Cool; separate into small chunks.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes about 5 cups.