Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm a big fan of Kahlua and love this served over bread pudding. In fact, as Emeril would say "this would be good served on a bumper".
- In a cup or small bowl combine water and cornstarch stirring until dissolved.
- Set cornstarch mixture aside.
- In heavy saucepan stir together heavy cream, sugar and Kahlua.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk for 1 minute.
This is an absolutely easy and delicious sauce. I serve it with Tiramisu; either drizzle it over the Tiramisu or drizzle the sauce on the plate before serving. Thanks for sharing.
This cream sauce is spectacular! I halfed the recipe to serve along with strawberry crepes.