Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Cream margarine in a medium bowl; Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add kahlua and egg, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating at low speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
- Cover and chill dough for 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; Roll each ball in sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten each with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
These were fabulous. And come in as one point each for WW. I added a dash of Godiva Liquour in also to make them delicious.
This recipe is just fine. The cookies taste good but they are more than crunchy. I was expected a stronger flavor to coffee. We left them into the oven more than the time the recipe says.
Recipe should say to be careful how fast/often we mix/kneed our cookie dough. I would say minimum handling - even in the rolling - drop on the pan and bake IMHO. My first batch came out like cardboard also.