Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Yummmmmmmmm! I LOVE Kahlua! This pie is a different way to showcase it. (Cook time includes baking the coconut pie shell and Prep time is approximate)
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons frozen pineapple concentrate, thawed
- 6 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons rum
- whipped cream
- fresh pineapple slice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine coconut and melted butter, tossing to blend.
- Press into bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- In top of double boiler, combine cornstarch, half and half, coconut milk and sugar.
- Set over hot water and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in pineapple juice concentrate, Kahlua and rum; cool.
- Pour into coconut pie shell.
- Cover top with whipped cream; chill.
- To serve, decorate with fresh pineapple slices.