Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from copykat.com. I have not tried yet--did not want to lose recipe, so I thought I would post it. Times and servings are approximate.
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring (not extract)
- 2 1⁄4 cups vodka
- Combine sugar, coffee, vanilla, and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside to cool. Allow this to cool, otherwise you will evaporate the alcohol.
- Add vodka, stir until well mixed. Pour over ice,
- Add your favorite ingredients, sit back, relax, and enjoy.
- Life is good and so is this Kahlua. This keeps well, and gets better with age.
Good substitute, but I would suggest to increase the coffee to 3 tbs.
This is an awesome drink. I will be keeping this recipe. With the cost of Kahlua in my area, this is a much cheaper alternative. Made for Spring PAC 2011. Thanks for a fabulous recipe.