Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very rich moist cake that tastes like a rum cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- In a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar and Kahlua, mix well and set aside for now.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, dry pudding mix, and beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add in sour cream and vegetable oil; mix well.
- Beat for a couple minutes on medium speed then blend in your pecan mixture; mix well.
- Grease with solid Crisco, very well, a bundt pan. Being sure to get into all the creases in the pan so that it is very well covered with solid shortening. As cake can stick if not a well greased pan.
- Pour your cake batter into the pan, and put into a preheated 350°F oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve.
I love anything with Kahlua in it! This was a great coffee cake. Not overly sweet at all. I received a lot of ooh's and ahh's. Mine was finished in 1 hour. Thanks so much for posting!