Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious breakfast treat from the Junior League of North Harris County TX. Cooking time includes rising time...
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped raisins
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄8 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Put water in a bowl. Mix in yeast and let stand until softened.
- In a large saucepan bring the milk to a boil. Add sugar, shortening and salt. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of flour. Add the egg, yeast mixture, and the rest of the flour. Mix to form a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 6 minutes. Form into a ball. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Make the filling by combining the 2/3 cup brown sugar, raisins, 4 1/2 T butter, cinnamon, and 1 1/4 T Kahlua. Mix well.
- Make the glaze by combining the 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Kahlua, 1/4 cup butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Simmer until well blended, stirring constantly.
- When dough has risen, roll into a 12x15 inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread with filling. Roll from the long edge. Cut into 12 slices.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the glaze. Pour remaining glaze into a 9-inch round baking pan. Arrange rolls, cut side down, in the pan. Let stand for 25 minutes until nearly doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Invert pan onto a serving place. Drizzle with reserved glaze.
Photo Tag 2008 ~ What's not to like about cinnamon rolls? I had a bit of trouble spreading the filling, but not that bad. They are really sweet so I think I would cut down the amount of brown sugar somewhere next time. Thanks loof!