Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super rich chocolaty brownies! They are extremely fudge-y and also happen to be on the lighter side - so indulge and don't feel guilty! - this came from a Southern Living cook book
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (the reduced calorie works fabulously too)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and margarine in a small saucepan; cook over medium low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. remove from heat and stir in Kahlua and vanilla - set aside.
- Beat brown sugar and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. then add the remaining dry ingredients. coat an 8 in square baking pan with spray and pour batter inches.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When they come out, immediately sprinkle sugar on top.
- Cool cut and enjoy.
I'm kind of disappointed. Cause we don't find that they taste the Kahlua. So I think coffee would have been great instead of Kahlua. And 30 minutes was too much. They're a bit dry. They taste more the chocolate and cinnamon. Another time I'll omit the cinnamon and use coffee and reduce the cooking them. Thanks Alison. Made for I recommend tag game
Really, really good. The kahlua adds a lot of flavor. I will be making these again!! Thank you for posting. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Delicious! Mine looked nothing like flower's-they were thin and very fudgy. They reminded me somewhat of Little Debbies...in texture only!, LOL. I was able to have one before my youngest son scooped them up to take home. TFS