Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
A twist on the everyday chocolate chip cookies. I make mine with a sugar-free Kahlua coffee flavored syrup and walnuts. Gives it just the right taste. Try these cookies next time you want a chocolate chip cookie. You won't be sorry.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very good. However I must agree with another reviewer that the taste of Kahlua was very, very far away. Will try again with some coffee powder, hopefully the taste will be enhanced.
Got 68 cookies and they baked for 9 minutes.They were crispy, chewy, good taste, very pleased I made them.
Thanks for posting.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and shortening; mix well.
- Add eggs, liqueur and vanilla; mix well.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture until of uniform consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop onto baking sheet in teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light brown.