Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the internet and it is a winner! The wings take some time so plan ahead. They are definately worth it! Time it takes to marinate is not included in prep or cooking time.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and garlic and saute over medium heat for three minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Blend in Kahlua and cook to reduce liquid by one-half.
- Stir in hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in clover honey.
- Remove and discard the tips from the chicken wings.
- Divide the wings in half at the remaining joint.
- Marinate the wings in the cooked, cooled sauce for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Arrange marinated wings on a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil for 5 minutes, turn and brush with remaining sauce.
- Remove the wings from the broiler and reduce oven temp to 350º.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I so wanted this to be as good as everyone said it was. But, I wasn't wowed. I love kahlua but I think the coffee flavor was too overpowering (although I used a strong BBQ sauce). I do want to incorporate the onions / garlic / chili powder / cumin mixture in a mexican recipe. It was pretty yummy on it's own.
Excellent - made this because I was looking to use up some Kahlua. Super yummy!
OH MY! Is all I can say about this recipe! I made it last night for a party I was catering. I was a little nervous about putting some on the grill. But I split it up to see which way was good. The oven it comes out better, but I didn't hear any complaints about the ones from the grill. There wasn't any left at the end of the night and have had three requests from people at the party for this recipe.