Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I found this recipe on the internet and it is a winner! The wings take some time so plan ahead. They are definately worth it! Time it takes to marinate is not included in prep or cooking time.
Top Review by TracyDeer
I so wanted this to be as good as everyone said it was. But, I wasn't wowed. I love kahlua but I think the coffee flavor was too overpowering (although I used a strong BBQ sauce). I do want to incorporate the onions / garlic / chili powder / cumin mixture in a mexican recipe. It was pretty yummy on it's own.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 20 chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and garlic and saute over medium heat for three minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Blend in Kahlua and cook to reduce liquid by one-half.
- Stir in hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in clover honey.
- Remove and discard the tips from the chicken wings.
- Divide the wings in half at the remaining joint.
- Marinate the wings in the cooked, cooled sauce for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Arrange marinated wings on a broiler pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil for 5 minutes, turn and brush with remaining sauce.
- Remove the wings from the broiler and reduce oven temp to 350º.
- Bake for 15 minutes.