Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very quick and easy dinner. If the sauce is thickened it is a coating for the chicken. If the sauce in not thickened it is a nice sauce for the chicken over rice.
- 2 chicken breast halves (I prefer with bone)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (add some concentrate too if available)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Sprinkle breasts with onion salt.
- Brown in butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes until done.
- Thicken sauce with 2 Tbs cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water if desired.
VERY good sweet and just right. I served mine over white rice with steamed veges. Also used real onions instead of the onion salt. I thickened the sauce that way it sticks to the chicken better.
What an excellent way to use kahlua! In fact the best one I've tried so far :lol: Quick, easy and tasty - will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting. Made for Healthy Choices ABC.