Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure where I got this recipe - someplace online I think. These sound totally decadent. I'm guessing at the number of servings because I haven't made this yet.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua or 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sour Cream Layer
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Brownie Layer:.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, eggs, powdered coffee and vanilla extract until blended.
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Cheesecake Layer:.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in liqueur, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Carefully pour over brownie layer and spread in an even layer.
- Bake 20 minutes until the top is almost set.
- Sour Cream Layer:.
- Mix sour cream and sugar.
- After bars have baked 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture over top.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack before cutting in bars.