Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yes, this uses canned carrots, you could make with fresh, but why bother? This is my favorite way serve carrots, and I am often asked to make it.
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and Kahlua, stirring over medium heat to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat.
- Cover and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
I make these all the time with butter and brown sugar but never thought to add kahlua! It takes the carrots to a new level! Can't wait to make these for my carrot loving daughter. Thanks for the recipe.
I used coffee, hazelnut cream flavored coffee, which I think affected the flavor in a positive way. DH won't eat carrots and hated them, but my dd, who normally won't touch cooked carrots, had seconds. It was good enough that a non-carrot fan like me ate them and enjoyed them, too. Will definitely make this again.
WOW....Can't get any better or easier than this. (I actually used fresh carrots and steamed them first...Dopey me forgot to read the part where it said CANNED carrots)...GREAT RECIPE...THANKS