Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Collector's Edition Cookbook. It's a very easy and tasty dish to prepare. Really nice served with Holiday turkey or ham dinners.
- 4 medium yams, cooked,peeled,cooled slightly or 1 (1 lb) can yam
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- Cut yams in serving size pieces.
- In heavy skillet, melt butter with sugar.
- Add Kahlua; cook 1 minute.
- Add yams; turn until brown on all sides.
- Cover, reduce heat; cook about 15 minutes.
- Turn yams once more before serving.
I LOVE this recipe. I found this years ago in a Kahlua recipe pamphlet. I lost this page from my booklet and I was so relieved to find this online. I added pecans to my recipe. This is always part of our Thanksgiving dinner.
I forgot to review these! These were so freakin delicious! Thank you!
AWESOME! I made these for thanksgiving and everyone loved them. I baked them instead of the skillet method and I also added pecans and mini marshmallows. The kahlua really adds a great flavor.