Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is Jesse's - my husband's - favorite cake. It is very dense and chocolaty. I use extra Kailua for more Kailua flavor and I add it to the chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave since I don't like hard chocolate pieces in my cake. But if you do want to use the chips, I suggest using the mini-chips.
- 510.29 g box fudge cake mix, pudding in the mix type
- 99.22 g box chocolate pudding
- 591.47 ml chocolate chips (Guittard is the best)
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml Kahlua
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- Mix all together in order given till well mixed.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan.
- Bake at 340 350 degrees for 50-60 minute Best if slightly underdone.
- You'll get raves.
- *I melt the chocolate chips in the Kailua in the microwave, then stir into cake mix.
- I like this better than having whole chips in the cake.
- I also use more Kailua, up to 1/3 cup more.
Just wanted to update my review, I make this frequently and is LOVED by all but I do change a couple of things, I add apple sauce instead of the oil and I add a bit of coffee instead of the Kahlua sometimes (if I don't have any)it still comes out wonderful, Thank you for the recipe :) I made this for my dads birthday on the weekend and it was gone in minutes, everyone loved it, I didn't melt the chocolate pieces and they were lovely chocolaty bits throughout, will be making this often, my new favorite cake. thanks for the recipe, I will be sharing it :)
Tanks! sounds great I will try it belmarie
This is delicious. Not for the dieter though.LOL Who cares! Thanks for posting this. Really is a hit with men. All the guys in my family has 3 servings.