I found this cake online years ago, and have altered it to my tastes. I get rave reviews everytime I make it. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan thoroughly.
- Mix the first six ingredients together well (for those who are lactose intolerant, you can substitute regular sour cream with a non-dairy substitute sour cream. It does not effect the taste).
- Spoon in chocolate chips and pour cake bater into bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for ten minutes before inverting onto plate or cake saver.
- Drizzle Icing over cooled cake.
- For icing - mix two or three tablespoons of Kahlua with powdered sugar and purified water to taste (should be a thick, syrupy consistency).
A little too sweet but we enjoyed it. Tried one batch white cake with Vanilla pudding and white chips. We had French Vanilla Kahlua that had been sitting around for a long time. We did not make the frosting because it was already very sweet.
Yummy, super moist and delicious cake. We loved the taste of the glaze on top too. My whole family enjoyed it and we will have it again!