Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ho! Ho! Ho!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup water (Boil about 4 minutes)
- Mix all ingredients but nuts for three minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts in Bundt Pan (It does not say to grease or flour).
- Pour in batter over nuts.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with fork.
- Add sauce.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Turn onto plate.
My wife made this for my birthday, it was the best birthday cake I've ever had. Very sweet, easy to make good with ice cream or whipped cream on top. Cons: seems to vanish rapidly, perhaps the Kalua and rum make it evaporate :) WARNING: extremely addictive
I did not enjoy these - too much alcohol - I know, it's got Kahlua, but I could not even taste it! I would omit the other alcohol before trying this again.
M-m-m-m-m-m....I made this cake for my daughter's birthday and it was really good. I will make it again. Thanks for posting it, Rhonda.