1 hr 15 mins
My friend JoAnne made this cake once and I have made it countless times since. I even made a sauce to go with it. Rich and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips with a hand mixer for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Fold in chips.
- 5Spray bundt pan with oil and pour in cake batter.
- 6Bake 1 hour and let cool 30 minutes.
- 7Invert onto a cake platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar or use the sauce recipe.
- 9Combine cream and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and add chocolate, butter and salt, stir until chocolate melts.
- 12Stir in Kahlua and reheat if necessary.
- 13Drizzle over cake.
- 14I also like to drizzle it over each individual piece of cake, but I'm a sauce girl!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua Cake
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.0
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 68.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g