Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend JoAnne made this cake once and I have made it countless times since. I even made a sauce to go with it. Rich and delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons room temp butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips with a hand mixer for 4-5 minutes.
- Fold in chips.
- Spray bundt pan with oil and pour in cake batter.
- Bake 1 hour and let cool 30 minutes.
- Invert onto a cake platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar or use the sauce recipe.
- Combine cream and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, butter and salt, stir until chocolate melts.
- Stir in Kahlua and reheat if necessary.
- Drizzle over cake.
- I also like to drizzle it over each individual piece of cake, but I'm a sauce girl!
Super easy to make and absolutely delicious-- always a hit!
I don't bake much, but I had all the ingredients and for some reason got a wild hair to make this cake. I don't have a bundt pan, so I used what I think is an angel food cake pan. It was so light and wonderful. The sauce was terrific, too. Next time I'm going to sprinkle on a few fresh raspberries when they're in season. Thanks for posting!
Very good cake although next time I will use a little less Kahlua. I used baking squares and a little less cream to make a glaze. The Kahlua really enhanced the flavor. I sprinkled pwd suguar on the glaze and then topped with chocolate covered strawberries. I need a quick and easy thankyou gift for someone. This cake was just right. Thanks!