Donna Matthews's Note:
Rich and chocolatey with a hint of coffee and kahlua ... topped with a rich creamy frosting and you have the perfect potluck dessert ... or serve it with some vanilla ice cream for a company dessert. Cook time does not include cooling time for the brownies before adding the frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1To make the brownies:.
- 2Melt together the butter and baking chocolate in a double boiler or microwavable bowl, stirring frequently.
- 3Pour into mixing bowl and let cool while you are collecting all your other ingredients.
- 4To the chocolate mixture, add the eggs and beat well.
- 5Then add the vanilla, kahlua and coffee crystals and mix well.
- 6Beat in the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder until well mixed.
- 7Scrape into a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes; do not overbake or the brownies will be dry.
- 9Let cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- 10For frosting:.
- 11To melt the chocolate squares, I like to use a 1 cup glass measuring cup in the microwave; stirring often and using short time periods.
- 12To slightly cooled chocolate, stir in vanilla, kahlua, and coffee crystals.
- 13In a mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- 14Alternately add sugar and chocolate mixture , beating until smooth.
- 15Add salt to taste (the saltiness should just bring out the sweetness, not overpower it).
- 16Spread over cooled brownies.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7514.0
- Calories from Fat 2821
- Total Fat 313.5 g
- Saturated Fat 189.1 g
- Cholesterol 1334.0 mg
- Sodium 4930.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.4 g
- Sugars 861.4 g
- Protein 80.0 g