Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Taking all the ingredients I love in a chocolate trifle and came up with a winner in my house. The Kahlua, walnuts and cheesecake flavored pudding make this a nice rich chocolate masterpiece. Everyone asks me to bring this even thou I've shared the recipe ;) They say, it's the way "I" make it ... I think they just want ME to bring it.... Try it - you'll get the ooooh and awwhs! I love to make this before leaving for the lake and after spending the day playing in the sun, come home to this cool and creamy dessert! My boys do to.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua, coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package English toffee bits (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 3 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for 13 × 9-inch rectangular pan, using water, oil and eggs.
- Poke holes in brownies and Drizzle Kahlua over brownies while hot.
- Let brownies cool.
- Cut brownies into 1/2-inch squares.
- Layer brownie squares in the bottom of a 3-quart glass bowl.
- Prepare pudding mixes as directed on package for pudding, Pour half of the Choc pudding over brownies in bowl.
- Top with half each of the toffee bits and whipped cream.
- Repeat with remaining brownies, cream cheese pudding, toffee bits and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining trifle -- if there's any left ;).